I just finished watching “Inside Job”, the winner for best documentary at this year’s Oscars. For once, the Oscar selection committee got it right.
The CD sat on my desk for two weeks. I couldn’t bring myself to watch it. I knew it would send my blood pressure to unsafe levels.
If you haven’t yet seen this film, you need to see it. You need to convince everyone you know to see it. They need to convince everyone they know to see it.
There are certain things you must do in preparation for viewing this film.
1) Suspend your personal moral beliefs for 1 hr and 48 mins. As I am a man of shallow moral character, this was easy for me. If you don’t do this, you will die of cardiac arrest before the film ends.
2) Remove all firearms from your home for an indefinite period of time.
3) Buy a bottle of decent bourbon to drink while viewing the film. I recommend Jim Beam Black Label.
4) Open a fresh box of tissues.
5) Make an appointment with your therapist for the next day.
I won’t spoil your viewing pleasure by telling you all about the movie. Those of us who follow the economy already have a pretty good idea of what has occurred. One thing I will tell you. You will want to commit terrible and violent acts on the criminals you will see in this film. They are smug, rich, immoral, vile, narcissistic, unrepentant, egocentric psychopaths.
Worst of all, they are free and universally worshipped by politicians, corporations and economists.
I think it’s time the Class War heated up.
We need to fight back.
Enjoy the film.